Friday, July 15, 2011

G: An Avant-Garde Journal of Art Architecture Design and Film 1923-1926

"The industrialisation of construction depends upon materials. Anyone expecting to reach the industrialisation of construction only through the active and contemporary form of organisation is wrong."

I read this today and I think it sums up wonderfully what I was trying to communicate about the importance of making over talking, at the [On...] Innovation & Ownership event hosted by It's Nice That last night. It comes from a book I bought at Tate on Tuesday when I went to see the Vorticists show which showcases content from the journal G: Material Zur Elementaren Gestaltung from 1926.



source: G: Material for Elemental Form Creation from An Avant-Garde Journal of Art Architecture Design and Film 1923-1926 edited by Detlef Mertins and Michael W. Jennings